Gerard Putter has updated his excellent 8-bit Apple II emulator, Virtual ][, to version 5.5.
What’s new in version 5.5:
- The arrow keys on the keyboard can now be used as a joystick.
- The “enter” key on the numeric pad can now be used as an alternative “return” key. This is consistent with the numeric key pad of the Apple //e.
- Improved ProDOS compatibility of the Thunderclock emulation.
- Fixed a potential crash when the virtual machine is restarted.
- Fixed yet another issue with license key validation when Japanese is the system default language.
- Reorganized the long list of subjects in the documentation, in order to make it more accessible.Â