Sweet16, the new Apple IIgs emulator for Mac OS X, has been updated again, this time to version 1.7. The new version has a bunch of changes, including fixes for some (but admittedly not all) of the most-reported issues. Performance on PowerPC systems is also much improved.A complete list of the changes follows:
- Added support for Unicode path and filenames, which improves compatibility with non-US systems.
- Removed erroneous explanation of how to register Sweet16 from the documentation — Sweet16 is freeware.
- Fixed the speed control checkbox in the preference window to actually work.
- Added a preference that lets you disable the mouse when in text modes.
- Appropriate sound effects now play when ejecting floppy disk images.
- The text in the online disks window is now in the font Lucida Grande.
- Optimized the PowerPC code to run up to 30% faster than in previous versions of Sweet16.
- Improved compatibility with DiskCopy 4.2 images.