Gerard Putter has updated his 8-bit Apple II emulator, Virtual ][, for Mac OS X to version 6.0! There are many improvements listed, but this release drops support for Panther (OS X 10.3) users.
What’s new in Virtual II 6.0
- Added a feature that lets you record the action on the Apple II screen as a QuickTime movie.
- Added a new module: DiskIIViewer. It allows the Mac OS X “Leopard” Finder to present Apple II disk images in QuickLook and Cover Flow.
- Improved the quality of high resolution rendering.
- The “Search Disk Images” window now shows the results while typing, just like Spotlight.
- The “Search Disk Images” window now shows all diskette names with the selected file system (it used to omit empty disks).
- Added an Applescript command to make a snapshot of the Apple II screen and save it as a file.
- Added an Applescript command to dump (part of) the Apple II memory into a file.
- A mounted Mac folder (DOS) can now hold up to 200 KB (was 140 KB).
- The numeric keypad “enter” key of the mid-2007 iMac keyboard is now correctly recognized.
- Fixed an issue in the Spotlight module that could cause hdv disk images to be ignored.
- Fixed an issue that caused the program to crash if multiple virtual machines used the same serial port.
- This version requires OS X 10.4 “Tiger” or OS X 10.5 “Leopard”. It does not run on OS X 10.3 “Panther” anymore.