As was announced at KansasFest and elsewhere, Syndicomm has published their entire library of licensed Apple Programmers and Developers Association (APDA) books and software on CD. This collection constitutes the bulk of Apple Computer’s public, sanctioned reference material for the Apple II series.
For years, most of this material was only available in print — some of it easy to find, while other elements were a bit more obscure. Several years ago, Syndicomm acquired the license to distribute the APDA material from ByteWorks. Syndicomm sold most of the content as hardcopy and some software as disk images for sale in downloadable form, but as convenient as this was, customers asked for more…
By popular request, the entire library has been compiled into massive, one-stop, all you can read collections. The buffet bar of Apple II knowledge is now officially open… OK, enough of those metaphors. The point is, all the technical manuals in a convenient, electronic searchable format are now at your disposal.
I can imagine this will make many Apple II developers who use emulators (especially on laptops) rather happy — with the APDA content and The Opus Collection, you can finally take it ALL with you.
Sheppy’s product announcement is attached.
Apple IIgs System 6.0 Golden Master CD-ROM
Price: US $25
The Apple IIgs System 6.0 Golden Master CD-ROM was produced by Apple back when System 6.0 was completed; it contains the operating system, assorted documentation, notes, developer tools, utilities, and sample code — including code for a few pieces of the system software itself.
While the operating system included on this CD-ROM is outdated, some of the sample code and tools are still of use to Apple IIgs developers, so we’re making this CD-ROM available for interested developers.
APDA Apple II Reference Library
Price: US $129.00
The APDA Apple II Reference Library CD-ROM offers complete scanned, searchable, chapter-bookmarked Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files comprising the complete collection of Apple reference manuals Syndicomm is licensed to distribute.
The complete list of included books:
* Apple II File Type Notes
* Apple II Technical Notes
* Apple IIc Memory Expansion Card Technical Reference
* Apple IIc Technical Reference, Second Edition
* Apple IIe Technical Reference
* Apple II DOS 3.3 Programmer’s Manual (with Sample Programs disk images)
* AppleShare Programmer’s Guide for the Apple II
* Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Reference
* Apple II Memory Expansion Card Technical Reference
* ProDOS 8 Technical Reference
* Apple IIgs Firmware Reference
* Apple IIgs Firmware Reference Update
* Apple IIgs Hardware Reference, Second Edition
* Apple IIgs Toolbox Reference Volume 1
* Apple IIgs Toolbox Reference Volume 2
* Apple IIgs Toolbox Reference Volume 3
* Apple IIgs GS/OS Reference
* Apple IIgs GS/OS Driver Reference
* Programmer’s Introduction to the Apple IIgs
* Technical Introduction to the Apple IIgs
APDA Apple II Software Library
Price: US $129.00
The APDA Apple II Software Library is a complete collection of all the Apple software Syndicomm is authorized to sell. This includes developer tools, sample code, and operating system software products, among others.
The complete contents of this disk:
* Apple Pascal 1.3 with Device Support Tools
* APW Interfaces for System 6.0.1
* Apple II Desktop Toolkit
* Apple II Filecard Toolkit
* GSBug and Debugging Tools
* HyperCard IIgs Developers Kit
* Apple IIgs Source Code Sampler
* MPW IIgs Tools
* MPW IIgs Assembler
* MPW IIgs C
* MPW IIgs Pascal
* Apple SuperPILOT Special Edition
* Apple IIgs System 6 Release Notes
* Video Overlay Card Development Kit
* Apple IIgs System 5.0.4
* Apple IIgs System 6.0.1
* Apple II AppleShare Setup Disk
* Apple II DOS 3.3
* Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Utilities
* HyperCard IIgs
* Apple II System Disk 3.2
* Apple II System Disk 4.0.2
All products include disk images in Universal Disk Image (.2mg), DiskCopy (for 3.5-inch disks), and ShrinkIt disk archive formats. In addition, all manuals are provided in searchable scanned Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, with bookmarks for each chapter.