Gerard Putter has updated Virtual ][, the leading 8-bit Apple II emulator for Mac OS X to version 6.3.
I’m pleased to announce the release of version 6.3 of Virtual ][, the well-known Apple II emulator for Mac OS X. The focus of the update is compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6, “Snow Leopard”.
Apart from the Snow Leopard compatibility, the release contains a number of bug fixes. The new version is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger” and 10.5 “Leopard”.
The update is free and is recommended for all users of Virtual ][. It can be downloaded at http://www.virtualii.com
Gerard Putter, author of Virtual ][
What’s new in version 6.3
- The program is now fully Mac OS X 10.6 “SnowLeopard” compatible.
- Fixed an issue, introduced in version 6.2, where the video inspector didn’t render the text screen correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “open Apple” key emulation to work poorly in full screen mode (in Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard” only).
- In full-screen mode, the I/O activity indicator sometimes remained visible after I/O activity had ended; this has been solved.
- Fixed an issue, introduced in version 6.2, that could cause Applescript execution to crash the program (in Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger” only).
- Fixed an issue (in Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger” only) that prevented the use of the built-in French character set.
- In the configuration window, the character set preview showed a few stray pixels. This has been solved.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a gzipped disk image to be incorrectly renamed when ejected.