Gerard Putterâ€™s excellent 8-bit Apple II emulator Virtual ][ for Mac OS X has been updated to version 6.4.Â The most significant change is that support for Mac OS X 10.4 and PowerPC Macs has been dropped.Â Hereâ€™s a list of whatâ€™s new:
– Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.4 and the PowerPC processor. The program now requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or better.
– Added a feature to change the write protection and volume number of disk images.
– It is now possible to configure a 65C02 processor in an Apple ][ or ][+ virtual machine.
– When choosing “Copy as Text” from the Edit menu, international characters on the screen are now correctly copied to the Mac clipboard.
– Improved the quality of the QuickLook preview and thumbnail of a saved state file.
– Some custom character sets were not accepted by the virtual machine – this has been fixed.
– Fixed a number of minor issues, thereby improving the overall stability of the program.
Grab a copy from Gerardâ€™s website.Â Virtual ][ is shareware; $49 for a full license, $19 for a limited license, $30 to upgrade.