The GSport team has announced a new release with significant improvements! Below is David Schmidt’s posting via CSA2.
The GSport team has been busy lately. Peter Neubauer’s AppleTalk emulation is the star of this release – making GSport the only modern emulator with this capability. Christopher Mason enhanced printer emulation capabilities further with a virtual ImageWriter II or LQ in slot 1. Several other items and fixes are aggregated as well.
GSport is a derivative of Kent Dickey’s KEGS Apple IIgs emulator.
Version 0.31 – 6/22/2014
- Added AppleTalk networking emulation with bridging to EtherTalk (See: http://gsport.sourceforge.net/appletalk.html)
- Added Imagewriter LQ printer emulation (more documentation coming – printing is highly configurable)
- Added clipboard text paste capability (OSX, Windows)
- Emulated serial ports are individually configurable as either IP or pass-through to real hardware ports
- Apple II Pi build improvements
- IN#1 and IN#2 now trigger the incoming IP port to listen when using IP simulated serial ports; previously, only PR#1 or PR#2 did
- Fixed crash when parallel.rom is missing
- Fix for real joysticks: unless the joystick is moving, GSport sets the values to zero
- (Followups set to comp.emulators.apple2)