I’ve posted new updates to A2SERVER, A2CLOUD, and Raspple II. Biggest deal is compatibility with the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, which is much faster than previous Raspberry Pi’s. Go get one! Also, the GSport emulator is now installed on non-Raspberry Pi machines.
A2SERVER is a file server and network boot host for Apple IIgs and IIe computers. (It also works with classic Macs and modern computers, allowing you to share files on your network among all your computers.)
A2CLOUD provides a virtual hard disk, a floppy disk imaging server, and an internet access device for any Apple II. It also offers preconfigured Apple IIgs and IIe emulators.
Both A2SERVER and A2CLOUD are designed to be easy to use, and can be run on a Raspberry Pi, a premade virtual machine, or a Linux computer. If you have a Raspberry Pi, you can install Raspple II — a “suite” that includes both A2SERVER and A2CLOUD, plus David Schmenk’s Apple II Pi.
All this stuff is free. Get your copy at http://ivanx.com/appleii now!
If you’re using Raspple II, you can update everything, including the Raspbian operating system, by typing ‘a2cloud-update os’. After it’s done, you can use the SD card in any Raspberry Pi, including A+ and 2B.
Otherwise, update A2CLOUD by typing ‘a2cloud-update’. (A2SERVER doesn’t need updating if it’s already working for you.)
– Compatible with all Raspberry Pi’s, including the A+ and 2B
– GSport emulator installed for non-Raspberry Pi computers
– Links text-only web browser (alternative to Lynx)
– desktop shortcuts and Apple II Menu group for emulators and ADTPro
– many improvements and fixes to A2CLOUD environment and installer
– installer: command line options, unattended install, less prompting
Raspple II 1.1.1:
– both of the above, plus latest Apple II Pi package (version 0.2.0-1).