UltimateMicro will begin shipping pre-orders of their new 8Meg IIGS RAM Card v2.0 starting next week. Priced at USD $249 in their store, there will also be a $279 Buy It Now option via eBay.
The design of this card started out as a clone of the CVTech 8MB card, but it’s an entirely new product now. Refinements and updated components promise to make this the ultimate RAM card available for the IIGS. Features include:
- Gold Fingers for superior oxidation prevention and long life.
- Tantalum and Ceramic Power Filtering Capacitors for longer life (4x minimum), extreme reliability and stability over time especially when compared to Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors. Power Filtering Capacitors are the last line of defense when it comes to protection from corrupted data in RAM.
- Resettable Fuse for short-circuit protection and to prevent damage to the Motherboard’s and RAM Card’s PCB traces, and to help prevent Tantalum Capacitor thermal runaway and damage.
- Power LED to show the board is receiving power and the Resettable Fuse is functioning correctly.
- ROM Expansion/Direct Access Connector for future projects and easy connection with existing accessories.
- RAM Bank 1 and Bank 2 LEDs to show access (not DRAM Refresh).
Click image for larger view of card.